cinderellla

Paperback Castles

Swann's Way (In Search of Lost Time, #1)
Marcel Proust, Lydia Davis, Christopher Prendergast
Swanns verden 2 (På sporet af den tabte tid, #2)
Marcel Proust
The Essential Rumi
Rumi, Coleman Barks, John Moyne, A.J. Arberry
Unnatural Creatures - Neil Gaiman, Maria Dahvana Headley This anthology holds 16 peculiar and haunting tales of unicorns, griffins, werewolves, deathly plants and the graceful Lady Death herself. Each story is carefully selected and introduced by Neil Gaiman, and he has made a beautiful contribution as well.

These 16 stories are very different and range from the eerie and mysterious to the adoring and wise, and comical and ironic. A strong friendshipbond between a griffin and a minor canon won my heart, and a tale of a snake-speaking girl's sacrifice and doubt fascinated me - but it was the story of a time-traveler and a unicorn that made me sure: this is a wonderful book.

While some stories aren't as great as others, they all seem connected to each other with their themes and dark tones of oddities. Gaiman's museum of unnatural creatures is a mesmerizing place to explore and to get lost in. I opened the book - and I entered a world of imagination. The unnatural ended up becoming something quite natural, in the end.