cinderellla

Paperback Castles

Swann's Way (In Search of Lost Time, #1)
Marcel Proust, Lydia Davis, Christopher Prendergast
Swanns verden 2 (På sporet af den tabte tid, #2)
Marcel Proust
The Essential Rumi
Rumi, Coleman Barks, John Moyne, A.J. Arberry
Charlotte's Web - E.B. White, Garth Williams It is not often that someone comes along who is a true friend and a good writer.”

Sometimes simplicity is serenity. Sometimes you pick up a children's book and stumble into a world of wisdom, and sometimes things are clearer seen from an imaginative point of view. "Charlotte's Web" may seem like a fairy tale of talking farm animals and little girls, but it isn't. It is a true lifelike story of loneliness, friendship, life and death. And it is beautiful.

Many of us have gotten our hearts broken by the naive Wilbur and the self-sacrificing Charlotte - a pig and a spider. E. B. White manages to preach a bittersweet life-lesson within the few pages of this book; and it is by no means limited to children. We can all relate to the adoring Fern, the simple-minded Wilbur and the loyal Charlotte. We all know a wild Avery, a gluttonous Templeton or perhaps a gossiping goose. E. B. White's characters are by not fantastical creations; they are life-like personalities, disguised and wrapped up in childhood imagination.

"Charlotte's Web" is timeless. It is a classic, and I will always adore and admire it. Its ultimate lesson is very dear to my heart.

Why did you do all this for me?' he asked. 'I don't deserve it. I've never done anything for you.' 'You have been my friend,' replied Charlotte. 'That in itself is a tremendous thing.