cinderellla

Paperback Castles

Swann's Way (In Search of Lost Time, #1)
Marcel Proust, Lydia Davis, Christopher Prendergast
Swanns verden 2 (På sporet af den tabte tid, #2)
Marcel Proust
The Essential Rumi
Rumi, Coleman Barks, John Moyne, A.J. Arberry
Moab is My Washpot - Stephen Fry I adore Stephen Fry. Obviously. His personality burns through everything he does, he is exceptionally charismatic, well-spoken and charming. But I have never really engaged with his writing until now.
A few months ago I accidently stumbled upon his beautiful essay "Have You Ever Heard of Oscar Wilde" in The Library Book, and I was amazed by Fry's wit and elegant writing. Soon I wanted to know more of this extraordinary man and his way with words. With a little help from a dear friend of mine, I decided to start with "Moab is My Washpot" - which is not only my first book by Stephen Fry, it is also my very first attempt at reading an autobiography.

It turned out as a delightful experiment. Because this is not only a collection of memories; it is an analysis, a reflection on childhood and the experiences that has shaped Fry as a human being. It is filled with regret, mind-wanderings, distractions, fictional names and several musings on art, music and literature.
Fry colors every little page with his bittersweet reminiscence of his happy parents, beautiful childhood surroundings and inner struggles. He is brutally honest, and when you're done reading "Moab is My Washpot" you may feel like, you have caught a private glimpse of his deepest thoughts.

I couldn't have imagined a better introduction to autobiographies. Perhaps I should grab "The Fry Chronicles" next.