cinderellla

Paperback Castles

Swann's Way (In Search of Lost Time, #1)
Marcel Proust, Lydia Davis, Christopher Prendergast
Swanns verden 2 (På sporet af den tabte tid, #2)
Marcel Proust
The Essential Rumi
Rumi, Coleman Barks, John Moyne, A.J. Arberry
A Man Without a Country - Kurt Vonnegut Allow me to quote my dearest Alice: "Curiouser and curiouser!"

This is indeed a peculiar little book. It is almost impossible to define, and a struggle to categorize. Some parts of it read like a memoir, as Vonnegut reflects on his childhood, his career and the time period he grew up in. But "A Man Without a Country" is also a close examination of Vonnegut's literary criticism and the importance of the scientific contributions to literature. Yet there's also a distinct tone of political philosophy present, as the book discusses the importance of socialism and humanism.

Vonnegut's writing is both cynical and heartwarming, vicious and humorous. The artistic illustrations unites the chapters, and helps to define the purpose of the book.
I cannot decide whether it is this particular book I like or perhaps Vonnegut himself. He was such a big personality, perfectly absurd, hilarious and yet completely logical. He had a way with words, and this book has left me a little envious of his simple and piercing prose.