cinderellla

Paperback Castles

Swann's Way (In Search of Lost Time, #1)
Marcel Proust, Lydia Davis, Christopher Prendergast
Swanns verden 2 (På sporet af den tabte tid, #2)
Marcel Proust
The Essential Rumi
Rumi, Coleman Barks, John Moyne, A.J. Arberry
Austenland - Shannon Hale As a truly devoted (almost obsessive) Austen-fan I have read more Austen-fanfiction than I would like to admit. And I have often been left outraged by authors who have ripped Austen's delightful stories apart, leaving only a vague resemblance to the original Mr. Darcy and his charm. In this case, however, I was happily surprised.

"Austenland" is by no means a great or meaningful novel. But it is perfect as it is: light and fluffy entertainment. I was very content at spending a lovely lazy afternoon in Hale's Pembrook Park with the company of a warm cup of tea.
In fact the sarcastic and mocking sense of irony in this novel pleased me, as it actually questions the Darcy/Colin Firth-obsession every Austen-addict seem to be suffering from. I also enjoyed the cleverly incorporated plot references to Mansfield Park and Persuasion, aside from the very obvious Bennet/Darcy inspired romance.

I read the book in one sitting; it was deliciously simple and predictable - and yet completely heartwarming. A guilty pleasure, I am not entirely guilty about.