cinderellla

Paperback Castles

Swann's Way (In Search of Lost Time, #1)
Marcel Proust, Lydia Davis, Christopher Prendergast
Swanns verden 2 (På sporet af den tabte tid, #2)
Marcel Proust
The Essential Rumi
Rumi, Coleman Barks, John Moyne, A.J. Arberry
The Brothers Karamazov (Penguin Classics) - Fyodor Dostoyevsky, David McDuff Usually I do not consider myself as the type who gets scared of heavy and long novels. A massive amount of pages is nothing to run away from as long as the book is well-written and has a deeper message to offer. "The Brothers Kamarazov" is indeed an epic novel, and an absolute masterpiece - with a complex structure and a beautiful language, but I must admit: it was a struggle.

I really liked the part that focused on the trial and the psychological aspects of guilt and blame, which seems to be Dostoevky's area of expertise. This novel's demonstration of his knowledge of the human mind was so accurate and impressing.
However there were parts of the novel I had to skip as my concentration failed and my head ached from the long and far too detailed descriptions. I wish I had had the patience for the minutious exactness of the voluminous chapters. I wish I could have loved this novel and appreciated it as much as it deserved. But sadly, I wasn't able to.