cinderellla

Paperback Castles

Swann's Way (In Search of Lost Time, #1)
Marcel Proust, Lydia Davis, Christopher Prendergast
Swanns verden 2 (På sporet af den tabte tid, #2)
Marcel Proust
The Essential Rumi
Rumi, Coleman Barks, John Moyne, A.J. Arberry
Dracula - Bram Stoker "Dracula" by Bram Stoker is so fast-paced and thrilling, that you won't be bored even for a second. Stoker plays with different narration forms and various storytellers, which is constantly changing the tone of the novel. As a result the novel is very fragmental in its plot, and combines multiple genres; letterwriting, diary-form and news paper articles, in order to mystify the reader as much as possible. And it really works.

My only complaint is a common one; when there's multiple storytellers I tend to like some better than others and become inpatient with the story to shift back to the narrator that I like the best. I especially enjoyed Jonathan Harker's diary, and did not care as much for Dr John Seward's writing.

"Dracula" is a true horror-story of that kind that just doesn't exist any longer. The plot consists of so many twist and turns, that I never quite knew how it was going to end until I reached the last page. Dracula may just be the perfect villain as he is pure evil and dangerously cunning. I can clearly see why his character still haunts the medias to this very day.