cinderellla

Paperback Castles

Swann's Way (In Search of Lost Time, #1)
Marcel Proust, Lydia Davis, Christopher Prendergast
Swanns verden 2 (På sporet af den tabte tid, #2)
Marcel Proust
The Essential Rumi
Rumi, Coleman Barks, John Moyne, A.J. Arberry
The Wide Window  - Lemony Snicket, Brett Helquist In "The Wide Window" nothing apparently changes. Mr. Poe is still comically naive and stubborn, Count Olaf is still viciously haunting the Baudelaire children thirsting after their fortune, Violet is still inventing things, Klaus is still reading and dreaming of books and libraries and Sunny is still biting absolutely everything. Lemony Snicket himself is still melancholic and sad, and continues to remind the reader that it isn't a happy story with a happy ending. Everything is absurdly predictable and repetitive. Even the plot itself.

While the books aren't that hard to figure out, they're still enjoyable to read. I loved the new character this volume introduced. Aunt Josephine was so odd, that I couldn't help but to adore her. Apparently she is afraid of everything - including doorknobs, telephones and especially real estate agents. The mere thought of such fears made me laugh heartily.

Lemony Snicket's universe is so hysterically ridiculous and yet perfectly charming. A wonderful combination of black humor and sympathy.