cinderellla

Paperback Castles

Swann's Way (In Search of Lost Time, #1)
Marcel Proust, Lydia Davis, Christopher Prendergast
Swanns verden 2 (På sporet af den tabte tid, #2)
Marcel Proust
The Essential Rumi
Rumi, Coleman Barks, John Moyne, A.J. Arberry
The Carnivorous Carnival - Brett Helquist, Lemony Snicket, Michael Kupperman And so the plot thickens. "The Carnivorous Carnival" was everything I had hoped and waited for since I began reading the series. Lemony Snicket finally fulfills the great potential of these books, and they rise to become something entirely extraordinary.

Finally the story evolves into something darker, bending into an extreme degree of absurdism and morbidity. And suddenly the story ceases to be a tale of three sad orphans running from an evil count with only one eyebrow - somehow the story evolves to become an exploration of dysfunctional adults in a world that is ruled by bloodlust and a greedy desire to watch other people's failures in order to feel comfortable about oneself. And what I loved most of all, was the point which explained how suppressed, lonely and neglected outcasts will do just about anything to be accepted into society. Even if it means killing an innocent woman.