cinderellla

Paperback Castles

Swann's Way (In Search of Lost Time, #1)
Marcel Proust, Lydia Davis, Christopher Prendergast
Swanns verden 2 (På sporet af den tabte tid, #2)
Marcel Proust
The Essential Rumi
Rumi, Coleman Barks, John Moyne, A.J. Arberry
Fifty Shades of Grey - E.L. James Originally I had sworn never to read or even touch the Fifty Shades series by E.L. James. But my curiosity got the best of me, and I suddenly found myself picking it up and wondering what the fuzz was all about.

As I read it, I was disgusted. It was not by the complete lack of plot or writing skills, the disturbing sex scenes or even the annoyingly ignorant main character Ana. No. I was horrified by the fact that this book and its so-called "hero" Christian Grey actually is regarded as romantic. I do not consider myself an expert in the area of love, and I do not think that romance can only be described as "hearts and flowers", but honestly. A man so disturbed, dominant and violent as Christian cannot be a romantic hero. I will not accept it.
I know it is caused by the very modern mysterious-vampire-effect, but I cannot get into my head that stalking, controlling and hitting a girl can make a man desirable.

I will not even comment on E. L. James' horrible writing style, but I will say this: If I ever hear the phrase "inner goddess" again I will scream, and I will hit something. Hard.

Also, I have categorized this book as "fanfiction", because that's what it is to me. Even though the names are changed and there is no sparkling vampire present, I still read this as a story of Edward Cullen.