cinderellla

Paperback Castles

Swann's Way (In Search of Lost Time, #1)
Marcel Proust, Lydia Davis, Christopher Prendergast
Swanns verden 2 (På sporet af den tabte tid, #2)
Marcel Proust
The Essential Rumi
Rumi, Coleman Barks, John Moyne, A.J. Arberry
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland: And, Through the Looking Glass - Lewis Carroll Alice fell down the rabbit hole and I was so envious of her. I wanted to come too. I wanted to see the Rocking-Horse-Fly as it flew through the sky, to talk with the elegant roses and to be guided by a chesire cat. But I couldn't.
As a result I spent hours looking at my mirror reflection wondering how I could trick the looking-glass-girl to let me in, and whenever I saw a white rabbit my heart almost skipped a beat. However the white rabbits always got away, and the looking-glass-girl must have been very smart, 'cause she never let me in. I never did see Wonderland except through the eyes of Alice and the words of Lewis Caroll. And perhaps that was good enough after all.

When I was younger "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" was my absolute favorite story. I would ask my mom to read it over and over and over again, until I finally learned how to read it myself.
Upon rereading it now I actually like "Through the Looking Glass" the best. It illustrates the imaginative powers of children to perfection.