cinderellla

Paperback Castles

Swann's Way (In Search of Lost Time, #1)
Marcel Proust, Lydia Davis, Christopher Prendergast
Swanns verden 2 (På sporet af den tabte tid, #2)
Marcel Proust
The Essential Rumi
Rumi, Coleman Barks, John Moyne, A.J. Arberry
The Island of Dr. Moreau - H.G. Wells, Patrick Parrinder, Steve Maclean, Margaret Atwood I have long had an urge to read this book, as H.G. Wells is known as the king of science-fiction, and I've never read anything by him before. And what a pleasant surprise.
I chose this particular book among his prestigious works, because I have just finished reading Frankenstein, and have heard somewhere that this was inspired by it. And it really was, as both novels deal with themes such as human's lacking respect for scientific consequences, inhumanity, and artificial created lifeforms.

However I did find this book slightly more dramatic and horrifying than Shelley's Frankenstein, and some of the cloned-human-animals will probably come back and haunt me in my sleep. I may not be deeply impressed by Wells' writing style, but I am in awe of his well-composed and fast-paced story.