cinderellla

Paperback Castles

Swann's Way (In Search of Lost Time, #1)
Marcel Proust, Lydia Davis, Christopher Prendergast
Swanns verden 2 (På sporet af den tabte tid, #2)
Marcel Proust
The Essential Rumi
Rumi, Coleman Barks, John Moyne, A.J. Arberry
Paper Towns - John Green What do I love about John Green's writing? Just about everything. I will forever be in awe of his accuracy in describing those precious moments where everything is perfect and yet so fragile, that you're afraid if you just move an inch or even silently try to take a breath of air, the magic will slip away between your grasping fingers.

I felt tired for the first time, and I thought of us lying down on some grassy patch of SeaWorld together, me on my back and she on her side with her arm draped against me, her head on my shoulder, facing me. Not doing anything--just lying there together beneath the sky, the night here so well lit that it drowns out the stars. And maybe I could feel her breathe against my neck, and maybe we could just stay there until morning and then the people would walk past us as they came into the park, and they would see us and think that we were tourists, too, and we could just disappear into them.

Do I need to comment the beautiful and carefully constructed quote above, that draws you in and feels so much more real than the reality that sorrounds you and your book and its printed letters? I think not.

This is not a book that can or should be devoured. It is a book that ought to be tasted carefully and allowed to melt on the tongue with a taste and a scent of youth, first kisses, prom shoes, gift-wrapped car keys, Moby Dick-like obsession, wanderlust, abandoned cities and desperation. And it is, above all, a book that needs to be digested through several months, perhaps even years, as your view on it constantly changes while you gain a wider perspective on life, and therefore suddenly one day realize the book contains a depth you've never dreamed of.