cinderellla

Paperback Castles

Swann's Way (In Search of Lost Time, #1)
Marcel Proust, Lydia Davis, Christopher Prendergast
Swanns verden 2 (På sporet af den tabte tid, #2)
Marcel Proust
The Essential Rumi
Rumi, Coleman Barks, John Moyne, A.J. Arberry
Lyra's Oxford (His Dark Materials, #3.5) - Philip Pullman, John Lawrence The pages in this book disappeared way too fast. It left with me regret; wishing that it was longer, or that I wasn't such a fast reader. But it was impossible to economize the few pages and save them for later, when I first began reading it I simply couldn't stop.

It was so wonderful to be reunited with some of my favorite characters. Lyra and Pan was such a huge part of my childhood, that this felt like a beautiful revival of an old and dear friendship formed ages ago, when I was just a little girl. The nostalgia connected with these characters and their fascinating world of daemons and witches has grown immensely strong roots deep within me.
This is also why it is so hard for me to rate this book. For while this was a sweet short story written in a vivid and recognizable language, it also seemed rather unnecessary and perhaps even pointless - aside from the loving nostalgia.