cinderellla

Paperback Castles

Swann's Way (In Search of Lost Time, #1)
Marcel Proust, Lydia Davis, Christopher Prendergast
Swanns verden 2 (På sporet af den tabte tid, #2)
Marcel Proust
The Essential Rumi
Rumi, Coleman Barks, John Moyne, A.J. Arberry

Penguin's Poems for Love (Penguin Hardback Classics)

Penguin's Poems For Love (Penguin Hardback Classics) - Laura Barber "Love, lust, life, loss, love"

This is something more than just a beautiful collection of love poems wrapped in a pleasing bookcover. This anthology contains poems covering every aspect of love, from W.B. Yeats' daydreamingly beautiful "He Wishes for the Cloths of Heaven" to Vicki Feaver's lethal "Lily Pond". Despair, agony and jealousy are often love's companions, along with the heart-fluttering sensation of butterflies in the stomach. And this collecting offers it all. It tells of both the light and the dark.

The poems are truly well-chosen, varying from well-known classic poets such as Shakespeare, to new modern simplistic storytellers such as Jacob Sam-La Rose. It contains grand epic tales of love, and little everyday-scenes, making you sigh with all its sweetness and vivid imagery. Some of the poems are cryptic, others are pretty straight-forward, and some consists of only two lines. The variation is great in both time, situation and place, introducing me to new favorite poems along with old treasures.

Among the poems I loved most of all were;

"Vision" by May Theilgaard Watts.
"The Sick Rose" by William Blake.
"Things That Could Happen" by Jacob Sam La-Rose.
"La Belle Dame sans Merci" by John Keats.
"Reprise" by Ogden Nash.
"Possibly" by Lesléa Newman.
"Ironing" by Olivia McCanon.
"Strawberries" by Edwin Morgan.
"Her" by Jackie Kay.
"Having a Coke with You" by Frank O'Hara.
"Invisible Kisses" by Lemn Sissay.
"Somewhere I Have Never Travelled, Gladly Beyond" by E. E. Cummings.
"Dance Me to the End of Love" by Leonard Cohen,
and of course the already mentioned "He Wishes for the Cloths of Heaven" by my beloved W.B. Yeats.