cinderellla

Paperback Castles

Swann's Way (In Search of Lost Time, #1)
Marcel Proust, Lydia Davis, Christopher Prendergast
Swanns verden 2 (På sporet af den tabte tid, #2)
Marcel Proust
The Essential Rumi
Rumi, Coleman Barks, John Moyne, A.J. Arberry

DON QUIJOTE DE LA MANCHA (Coleccion Libros de Bolsillo)

Don Quijote de la Mancha - Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra I study literature, and since everyone in my class had read this book - and loved it - I had to read it as well. So many people recommended it to me, and so many of my teachers praised the book. So my expectations were fairly high - and as a result I ended up being gravely disappointed.

The book is very interesting in its form as the author experiments with metafiction and intertextuality, deconstructing the typical form of the classic novel. Analytically this is a very complex and artistic work - as a reading experience however it fails miserably.
In all fairness, the book did make me laugh once or twice. But after a while the comic episodes just felt like rewritings of the same joke. In my opinion the book could easily be cut at least 300-400 pages. Which is a lot.

It is not that I don't get the historic significance or importance of the novel. I just didn't enjoy reading it.